The 200 hours Yoga Alliance registered Yoga Teacher Training Siddha Yoga Peeth in Rishikesh, India is a perfect study program for a true Yoga aspirant. This course includes all the important aspects of Yoga and is led by instructors with a profound knowledge of Yoga. The program will strengthen your own 'Sadhana' (practice) allowing you to use your own experience and knowledge to teach others with confidence.
200 hours YTT Syllabus
- Introduction of Yoga
- Meaning and definitions of Yoga according to different authentic scriptures.
- Paths of Yoga
- Sankhya Philosophy
- Other details of Yoga Philosophy as following-
- Understanding creation as per shankya, the 3 gunas, 5 karmendriyas, 5 gyanendriyas, 5 bhutas, 5 tanmatras.
- The understanding of body as per Pancha koshas and Pancha Pranas. The 5 pranas and its physiological governance.
- The Chkras and its manifested parts i.e endocrine system and Nerve plexus. The personality and the chakras.
- The 3 nadis (Ida, Pingala and Sushumna) and its influence on the physiology, the way to balance Ida and Pingala through asanas and pranayama.
- Self-realization of the present status of Gunas, chakras, pranas and koshas thorough inspection/ reflexion exercises.
Asanas and Pranayama
- Introduction of right aliment of standing series, forward bends, twists and seated postures, Inversions and arm balances.
- Benefits of Asanas ,& pranayama for body, mind and soul.
- Emotional purification through asansa and pranayama.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Ethics of a Yoga Practitioner and Teacher:
- Yoga teacher ethics based on the following: Dharma concept (Karma Yoga ), Yama and Niyama of Astanga Yoga.
- Examples from Indian history and mythology to reflect on teachers ethics.
- Kriya Yoga concept of Yoga sutras for a teacher.
- Professional ethics of a teacher, physical touch, limitations and disclaimers.
- Teachers conduct out of the yoga class and on social media. 6. Students to complete an assignment on yama niyama related concepts in other cultures and religions.
Books recommended by Siddha Yoga Peeth:
- Raja Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- PYS by B.K.S
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Science of Breath by Swami Rama
- Hatha Yoga Philosophy by Swami Veda Bharti
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Styananda from Bihar Yoga Bharti
- Kundalini Tantra from Bihar yoga bharti
- Sankhya Philosphy of Adyar Publications